We created Web Preflight as our internal tool to speed up validation of Photoshop web designs for issues that routinely come up during web development. Now it is available to the public as a free online service that checks Photoshop web designs for file organization, spelling, size matching target devices, color and web typography. To begin using Web Preflight we suggest watching a short instructional video or following instructions below when launching www.oss-usa.com/web-preflight?promo=web-preflight
- Using Web Preflight is extremely straightforward - once you are on www.oss-usa.com/web-preflight?promo=web-preflight, all you have to do is check off "Terms and Conditions" checkbox
- If you already have a Basecamp project open with us, you can use that project name instead of a promo code
- Click "verify"
- In this step you can either upload a file from your computer or point to a file sharing service such as Dropbox or Yousendit. Option for referencing already uploaded file is reserved for our active clients.
- Once the file is uploaded to Web Preflight, click "begin scan"
- Scanning only takes a moment and provides you with a detailed report on production issues in your Photoshop file, such as:
- use of non-standard fonts
- spelling errors
- font properties that cannot be recreated using CSS
- canvas size not matching target devices
- file organization
in addition to other tests. The report can be viewed online, printed and forwarded to other team members using the form below.
- If you have any issues using Web Preflight, please contact us.